The famous monument in Helsinki (Part 2)
We can continuous with a beautiful Orthodox Church (=Eglise Orthodoxe) built in 1868, the largest of the Occident. All in red bricks.
The Central Station (=Gare Centrale) created in 1909 by the architect E. SAARINEN. A building in pink granite with a clock tower of 48 meter and 4 giant statues nicknamed "The lamps holders" (=Les porteurs de lampes).
Then we have National Theatre (=Théâtre National) built in 1902 by O. TARJANNE. It is the first theatre in finnish language it gave the finnish identity for the country. In front of we can see Aleksis KIVI the famous national novelist.
CommentairesAucun commentaire pour le moment
Ajouter un commentaire